IHEP Program 2019
At the beginning of the 21st century, international experience is an important building block in specialization within education and training. The level of medical practice and the training of medical professionals is now an important indicator in the development of health care and social structures in the Municipalities.
Thomasius-Stiftung’s IHEP program for international education and science promotes the development of specialist knowledge and expertise in medical specialties and supports cross-border cooperation and the exchange of medical professionals.
In March 2019, four specialists from the Ukraine interned as part of our IHEP program for two weeks in orthopedics and trauma surgery at the Marienkrankenhaus in Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth under the chief physician PD Dr. med. Fog. In it, they gained important insights into arthroscopic surgery, also known as keyhole surgery, as an essential part of today’s surgical therapy spectrum in orthopedics. In addition, they were made familiar with the care processes within the hospital as well as with the structure and framework of the German health system.
- Internship of certified physicians (with a maximum duration of 3 months) at a German or Ukrainian clinic or specialist practice.
- The program focuses on the following areas: ear, nose and throat medicine, paediatrics, anaesthesiology and radiology and others.
- Participation of the specialists in a 2-month seminar on medicine and medical practice management.
- Seminar on the subject of “Intercultural Communication”.
The aim of the program
The participants get an insight into medical practice in Germany and Ukraine as a whole and into the work of individual departments such as anesthesiology, ear, nose and throat medicine, pediatrics and radiology etc. in particular. The exchange contributes to the establishment and strengthening of the networks and relationships between the German and foreign educational and health systems.
- General practitioners with or without specialist training.
- Current employment of applicants in clinics, medical practices, or other health facilities.
- Practical experience of at least three years.
- As well as good knowledge of German or English
- Ear, nose and throat medicine
- Medical management
- Radiology / radiation medicine
- Urology and others